Attendance Matters Radio Spots To Hit Montana’s Airwaves
Starting this week, you may hear radio spots on commercial stations that feature Superintendent of Public Instruction Denise Juneau and Montana public school kids.
The 30-second public service announcements are aimed at getting all Montanans to play a role in ensuring all students show up for school each day, and walk across the graduation stage each spring.
Here’s some of what you’ll hear:
- High school graduates live longer and healthier lives
- High school graduates have a higher earning potential
- Students who miss just 18 days each year are more likely to fall behind
- One in 10 kindergartners are chronically absent from school
- Chronically absent students, those who miss 18 days or more, are more likely to drop out
- Students who attend school every day do better in reading and math
You can listen to all of the radio spots, which are available for free download, here.